Monday, May 28, 2007

SCWCD

I haven't done a review in a while, so I am going to write a review about this book: SCWCD Exam Study Kit, Second Edition, by Hanumant Deshmukh, Jignesh Malavia, and Matthew Scarpino.

If you are considering getting yourself SCWCD certified, I would highly recommend you to *not* get this book. There are just so many problems with this book.... for starters, I don't find this book making the studying any easier. Cert guides like these are supposed to cover the exam objectives which the reader needs to master in a clear an concise manner. This book however, has a number of sections that goes into details that are mostly irrelevant for the exam while other sections don't cover the topic adequately.

And for a book that's in second edition already, it's hard to believe there could be so many mistakes, just take a look at http://www.manning-sandbox.com/thread.jspa?messageID=51256. That's just plain sloppy

My rating: 3/5

No comments: