Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Bye-bye Wisdom

Before I get into the main topic, I just like to frown upon the fact that this blog is turning into a monthly entry again... :(

Anyways, I am now wisdom-less (although one might argue that I had no wisdom to begin with...) That's right, all 4 of my wisdom teeth were extracted last Thursday. Glad to say the whole ordeal wasn't as terrible as I imagined. The surgeon did quick work on my teeth, took him only 20-30 minutes. I was actually more worried about the recovery process afterwards, after hearing that for some people, it took a few days for the bleeding, the swollen gums and the PAIN to subside. Luckily for me, the bleeding pretty much stopped 2 hours after the surgery. But that was when the freezing started to wear off and the pain hit me. Extra-strength Tylenol became my best friend that night. And by Friday, the pain was almost all gone and I even ventured to resume brushing my teeth.

Now I am left with a weird feeling in my mouth. Not really pain, just discomfort and soreness. And I also get this weird feeling that my teeth are rearranging themselves (well that might be a bit of an exaggeration); it feels like they are spreading apart, even if ever so slightly, now that there's more real estate in my mouth.

No comments: