Monday, May 07, 2007

The Hype is Over!

** This post may contain spoilers about Spiderman 3 !!! **

The hype of course is the long awaited Spiderman 3 which opened on Friday. Before going to see it, I had already heard the reviews saying the movie is only so-so. But still, it's the blockbuster of the summer and I just had to go see it! So off I went on Saturday for the 11 am IMAX show (yup, that's am).

Now that I've seen it, I agree with everything the critics said about the movie; there are just too many plot elements, even for a movie that's 2.5 hours long! And they didn't pace the movie very well, lot of the scenes felt rushed and were not developed fully, they simply do the bare minimum to tell the story so that people who don't know about the storyline from the comics can follow. It's the age old balancing act of quantity vs. quality.

And I am disappointed that Venom got such a dinky treatment in the film, wasn't he supposed to be the focus of the movie? And he's suppose to be Spiderman's arch-nemesis, he's not supposed to die so easily... let's hope he's not really dead and comes back for a proper treatment in the next one.

I give it a 7/10.

2 comments:

Edmlee said...

dude! dun spill it out yet! people like your buddy still haven't seen it yet! :|

Andrew said...

That's why I have a spoiler warning at the top ;)