Sunday, April 29, 2007

CN Tower Climb for WWF

Yesterday morning was the first time I participated in the CN Tower Climb for WWF. I must be crazy, that was what I kept thinking even as I began climbing the steps. It was around 2/3 of the way up that I actually started to think that I can actually do this! And then before I knew it, I was at the top! My time was 34:31, nothing spectacular but my goal was only getting to the top =p

It's unfortunate that I couldn't take any photos of my climb, they didn't allow you to carry any cameras or cell phone with you (even if you turn it off). They are pretty strict about that too, they had metal detectors to check you and my friend Phil was actually turned away because he had his phone with him. Really sucked for him, basically the whole morning just waiting in line for nothing and not to mention having to pay for parking too! I wonder why they are so strict, my guess is that these loose items are easily dropped and it would be bad if they dropped down the stairwell and land on the people below.

2 comments:

Edmlee said...

Wow, really... I thought they want to be strict since they dun want anyone blowing up CN tower....

But human 'droppings' of cellphone and gadgets? That's gonna hurt since the staircases are pretty narrow and high.

可可 said...

Good Job Good Job! 30+ min, not bad at all. I gotta try climbing one time (I think it will take me an hour.) I hate stairs.