Thursday, September 04, 2008

Strike Freedom Construction - Day 5

As you can see from the photo, the upper body is complete now. I'd say the whole kit is about 1/3 done, as there are still the legs and the backpack to assemble.

I think I'm starting to get the hang of this sanding stuff now, so here are some tips I've discovered along the way...

I find that sanding under bright lights is always good idea, especially since it makes it easier to find spots which still have that glossy look. Also, and this is fairly obvious, is that sanding in one direction whenever possible will result in a better look at the end. Lastly, remember that sometimes it is easily to sand certain parts assembled together, so it's a good to get an idea on how the parts fit together before starting to sand (like dry fitting before painting, except there's no paint at all :)

1 comment:

可可 said...

Looking good Looking good!