Monday, August 21, 2006

Another Dead Mouse

Chumsley has chewed up yet another mouse cord, this must be his 4th or 5th victim. Of course my dad is jumping mad (since it's his mouse after all) and I am supposed to get him a wireless optical mouse this time and stop Chumsley's mouse hunt once and for all.

And this is what I ended up getting... For myself... (I am giving my dad my current keyboard and mouse)

I know... This is a bit more than just a mouse... But it's ok to indulge myself once in a while right?? This keyboard and mouse combo has some really sweet features, such as:

- Rechargeable mouse. Considering how fast my old mouse eats through the batteries, this should save some money in the long run.

- Bluetooth connectivity. This is a real plus, with the included Bluetooth receiver, it basically turns your computer into a Bluetooth hub. Really convenient for transferring files from my cell phone to the computer, since I don't have to crawl under the desk to connect my phone everytime I want to transfer something anymore (I can't keep the cable always attached to the computer, because any exposed loose wire is a great snack for Chumsley).

- Keyboard LCD, which shows you info such as current date and time, current track playing in media player, new mail notification etc. The coolest feature though is how it's integrated with MSN messenger. MSN messenger popups will be shown on the LCD. So for example, let's say you are working at your desk and the screen has gone into power saving mode, if anyone comes online or messages you, you can quickly find out who it is by glancing at the LCD screen.

- Touch sensitive media controls. Doesn't really enhance the user experience that much, but it's kind of cool.

And of course, there are a ton of other configurable buttons on both the mouse and keyboard. Here's a pic of the contents of the package, plus comparison with the old keyboard and mouse combo:


2 comments:

Edmlee said...

Nice, is the old mouse that you are going to give to your dad a corded or cordless one?

Ho ho, I bet Chumsley will kick your cordless somewhere that you wun even find it in tht future ;) lols

可可 said...

Oh. Sweeet! I wonder if Chumsley like blue tooth mouse. Your cat has became such a techno-cat, eating computer mouse instead of a real one...